Who we are
How this Policy applies
Who is the Data Controller?
DreamFundraisers.com, Inc. is the “data controller” of personal data collected by all of DreamFundraisers, and DreamFundraisers.com, Inc. is responsible for deciding how personal data is collected, used, and disclosed. Administrators may also be data controllers of certain data you provide to Administrators when you make a Contribution to a Campaign or through any other Services.
Data you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us, information from third parties, and information that we collect through automated means. For example, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account or a Campaign, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and last name, country of residence, email address, and password.
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact DreamFundraisers, create a Campaign, or make a Contribution to a Campaign.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts.
- Information sent directly to another User, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information.
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices.
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences.
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to register for an account or use our Services. You may Contribute to a Campaign as a User by providing only a name and email address. However, to take most other actions on our Site, you will need to finish creating an account. You may review, change or remove your information through your account settings.
How we collect information
- We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, services, or information from us, register with us (including when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account), participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to User surveys, or otherwise interact with us online or offline.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
How we use this information
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
- Personalize content and experiences.
- Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by performing User market research and using analytics tools.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose and share such data with any third parties, including advertisers.
How we share your information with third parties
We will share your information in the following ways:
- When you Contribute to a Campaign, so that the Administrator can send you Items, provide you with customer service, conduct market research, and comply with our Additional Terms and policies.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with an Administrator, the information received by the Administrator is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the Administrator’s privacy practices.
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms like social networking sites.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like marketing and advertising, and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
- When we share your personal information with your consent, including when you post personal information on public forums or blogs accessible to third parties.
Your controls and choices
The laws in some jurisdictions requires us to provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. To the extent those laws apply to you, your controls and choices may include:
- Updating, and deleting your registration account;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services;
- Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers (by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance);
- Controlling whether you want us to access location information, such as by controlling or disabling location services in your mobile device’s settings menu;
- Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads;
- Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including by contacting us, following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads). You can opt out of interest-based ads by using the opt-out mechanism in the “Interest Based Ads” link in the footer of the site you are visiting.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our Services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us.